Udawatte Kele is the only forest reserve in the Kandy city limits and is a great addition to your list of things to do in Kandy. It was once known as Uda Wasala Watta meaning the garden above the royal palace and is of significant cultural and historic value. This breathtaking forest is a hotspot for bird enthusiasts.
· Suitable casual clothing for windy, rainy, warm weather conditions should be considered
· Insect repellents, sun-protection creams etc. are highly recommended.
· Cameras/video recorders to capture those amazing moments.
· Lightweight clothes and walking shoes or boots should be worn during the trail.
· Entrance fees
· Jeep cost
· Binoculars for bird watching
· Refreshments and bottled water
· Government tax
· Arrival and departure transportation
· Any extra beverages or food consumed
· Any tips to staff and guides
· Any personal effects not mentioned above