Dambatenne Tea factory is another place that you can visit if you are staying some days in Ella.Story is connected with the famous Lipton Seat viewpoint as it was built by same person, the Scottish tea baron Sir Thomas Lipton in 1890. Currently well known as Lipton tea manufacturers. The factory is set 11km outside of Haputale, with buses running every half hour to Dambatenne. There are no direct rail or bus links to the factory, so your best bet is to get to local bus over to Dambatenne and walk from there. Tuk tuks are also available.
· Factory offers a tea tour for the price of $20
· Opening hours are not specifically said, but tours normal operate 9 – 5pm, don't make it too late.
· In tours, they demonstrations of the full process of tea making, from fermentation through to grading, with the difference lying in how engaging the guide makes the material.
· No photos are permitted during some parts of the tour.
· Hotel pickup and drop-off
· Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
· Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide
· Lunch at a Local Restaurant
· 1-Liter Water Bottles Per Person
· Meals where not specified
· Gratuities (optional)
· Expenses of personal nature