This tour generally covers the whole Galle Fort area. This includes amazing views, knowledge on colonial history, interesting back stories, and detailed insights. You also get to know about the modern Sri Lankan culture and its connection with the colonial era. Finally, at the end of the tour you can enjoy the sundown (during the evening tour) in the horizon before you leave the fort premises.
Galle Fort in Sri Lanka: A UNESCO World Heritage Site the Galle Fort, or Dutch Fort as it is also known, is a fortification first built by the Portuguese on the Southwestern coast of Sri Lanka. The initial fortifications, which were built in the late 16th century, were quite basic. However, the fort underwent extensive modifications in the 17th century by the Dutch, making it one of the most important archeological, architectural and historic monuments to illustrate the European influence in South East Asia between the 16th and 19th centuries.
· Admire the beauty of the colonial architecture and get a taste of the colonial history of the fort
· Listen to the interesting back stories about Galle Fort
· You are free to experience the Sri Lankan street food as well
· Excellent photo opportunities.
· You should bring suitable clothing for warm, windy and rainy conditions
· Recommended items such as insect repellent and sun lotion should be brought.
Per person $50
· The services of a professional guide.
· Drinking water during the tour
· Snacks and refreshments purchased by the host during the tour.
· All Government taxes
· Any transportation
· Any extra beverages or food and snacks consumed (other than what’s arranged by the host)
· Entrance fees to tour sites you want to visit on your own
· Any personal effects not mentioned here
· Any tips for the staff
· Any others expenses not mentioned in Price Inclusions section