Surrounded by a thick jungle of mangroves, radiant waters and the bliss of Sri Lankan natural habitat lies one of the island's most prolific inland rivers - Madu Ganga. Located in the southern coast of Balapitiya, past Ahungalle, Madu Ganga is located 80 kilometers from Colombo and 55 kilometers from Galle. Madu Ganga is regarded as Sri Lanka's second largest wetland consisting 915 hectares. It was originally said that the wetland was flanked by 64 islands but only 25 remain today. Ma Duwa is the largest among them and shelters around 500 families while the smallest is the Sata Paha Doopatha (The Five-cent Island) which resembles a five-cent coin. You will get in to the boat from Balapitiya and do a trawl to a small river retreat explore an un-spoilt surrounding which boasts a healthy stock of Barramundi and other fresh water species. Madu Ganga is the venue for Ceylon Sea Anglers Club Annual Fishing competition which generally takes place in September / October.
· 3-hour Balapitiya fishing trip on the Madu River
· Ride a boat with a local guide and cast your rod into the water
· Observe the ways of traditional fishermen
· Enjoy an island lunch with chilled beer
· Hotel transport by tuk-tuk from Bentota, Beruwela or Ahungalla
· Per person Charge USD 55.
· Departure Time 8:30 am or 2:30pm
· Pickup and drop-off by a TukTuk in Bentota, Beruwela, or Ahungalla
· Cost of the boat
· Fishing equipment
· Bottled water
· King coconuts as refreshment drinks
· Lunch with chilled beer on an Island
· Tips to guides, restaurants. Tipping is expected
· Any others expense not mentioned in Price Inclusions section