Kumana is located in the southeast corner of Sri Lanka the 18,149-hectare national park (aka ‘Yala East’) is a well-known bird sanctuary where a multitude of birds can be spotted. One of the most significant features of the park is the ‘KumanaVillu’ – a 200-hectare natural swamp lake, fed by the ‘KumbukkanOya’ through a half mile long narrow channel. It is at this mangrove swamp that many water birds’ nest in May and June.
· Suitable casual clothing for windy, rainy, warm weather conditions should be considered
· Insect repellents, sun-protection creams etc. are highly recommended.
· Cameras/video recorders to capture those amazing moments.
· Lightweight clothes and walking shoes or boots should be worn during the trail.
· Water bottles and refreshments should be carried by clients at all times.
· Per person $45.
· Entrance fees
· Jeep cost
· Binoculars for bird watching
· Refreshments and bottled water
· Government tax
· Arrival and departure transportation
· Any extra beverages or food consumed
· Any tips to staff and guides
· Any personal effects not mentioned above.