The added advantage is that it is situated not more than 20km from the commercial capital Colombo. It is full of mangroves giving rise to a rich diversity in aquatic fauna and flora. Being a traditional fishing ground for centuries there are so many popular varieties of fish like Barramundi, Mangrove Jack, Bull eyed Mackerel, smaller Trevally and Barracudas. Also, fishermen around Bolgoda Lake still use a very primitive fishing technique called "Ja-Kotuwa" for fishing prawns. 'Ja kotuwa ' made with bamboo dividers erected in the middle of the lake, is a kind of trap, which will be illuminated with kerosene oil bottle lamps in the night. it allows your no fishing companions to relax in comfort till you come back with the day’s catch.
· Boats will be basic fiber glass boats fitted with out-board engines.
· Personal effects for Warm/Windy/Rainy conditions should be carried by clients.
· Insect repellent, Sunburn lotion etc. are recommended.
· Please bring minimum of 3L of water for your personal consumption.
· Lunch / accommodation / Transport could be arranged on request.
· Per person USD 124.
· Boat Charger Fee.
· Hire of complete Sport Fishing Equipment.
· Wages for Boatman.
· Fee for professional fishing guide and his transport.
· Refreshments, Safety Jackets.
· Transportation up to the starting points.
· Any tips to the staff.
· Extra foods or beverages.