If you opt for some serious snorkeling in Sri Lanka, then you should go for Pigeon Island. Pigeon Island also happens to accommodate one of the main marine national parks in the country currently. To travel to Pigeon Island, it takes a boat ride of approximately 15 minutes. A section of the island is also ornate by clusters of coral reefs and bordered by crystal clear waters. The closest coastal town to Pigeon Island is Nilaveli.
· Pigeon Island is one of the most popular marine national parks in Sri Lanka. It is brimming with some of the country’s most breathtaking coral reefs and is also home to a stunning array of exotic marine species.
· It is called Pigeon Island due to the thousands of Rock Pigeons that use it as their breeding ground.
· It is located just a kilometre off the coast of the famous Nilaveli beach in Trincomalee on the eastern coast of the island.
· More recently though, the island has become famed for snorkelling and diving as it is a hotbed of hundreds of species of coral and around 200 species of dazzling fish.
· The spectacular Blacktip Reef Shark and several kinds of turtles including the Hawksbill Turtle and Green Turtle often visit this island.
· A must-do activity in Trincomalee.
· Guided by a well-experienced local guide.
· Professional instructor
· Boat fees
· Entrance fees to the Pigeon Island National Park
· Hire of snorkelling equipment
· Any transportation up to the point
· Any tips to the staff
· Any extra equipment hired beyond what we provide